Every once and a while I have a moment to go back and touch up some of my older figures. These were guys I pretty much started out on. Most are just minor touch ups, but they get a nice new pic from my more modern camera too. The Gorax was mostly some quick highlighting on his loin cloth, ropes and brightened up metals.
The Pureblood Warpwolf was only brightening up the metals.
I don't think I can ever get tired of painting these guys. I sculpted a spider and added for a nice little spell-cast.
Hell Dorado model, 7 parts total and one of the toughest I've had to put together. Models where a part has to perfectly align on both ends and one of those is something that also needed to be glued on...a challenge.
Glue wasn't drying. Attempted to use the loctite precision gel that worked great on the resin stuff, no go with a small metal surface area. Holding while drying was not happening. Went back to my guerrilla glue and putty combo, a bit messy application, even with an attempt to smooth with a file afterwards.
Once I got past my perfectionist attitude, I noticed that he was totally worth it in the end because he is one fantastic looking model. Can't wait to see what he looks like when finished.
The dragon tail, scroll/hand, dragon head/1st half of torso, shoulder fans and left arm. All separate pieces, not on a sprue that I could paint separately. Luckily no super tight spaces to cram a brush into.
Kind of looks like greenstuff, but I am going with a Jade green. Haven't made up my mind on the dragon yet.
Apparently this is the last photo I took before finishing. You can see some of the sculpted putty I used on the smoke to help keep the 2 parts together. I also went ahead and pinned the dragon head/neck. I attempted to pin the hand holding the scroll, but just not enough surface area for me. Next time I pin something I will be taking some pictures.
This is quite a jump to the finish, but he is done. Even I am "like wow." Very cool model.
A Beholder, Drow Queen and Duergar. I am really enjoying painting Dark Elves and Dwarves, definitely more to come in the future.
I knocked out large amounts of painting at at time and didn't stop to take much for pictures. After I did the eyes I thought I could have pointed them towards the cross, but I liked the eyes so much and that he looked like he was keeping one creature of the night at bay while making sure not to take his attention off of another. So I kept it.
This is with just the base colors finished. Lots of browns.
Finally finished! Click here to view "Work in Progress blog" also added to miniatures 2019 gallery
A Hell Dorado miniature. Oddly all four of those spikes had to be glued on. My fingers weren't that big and I still had a tough time picking them up, afraid I would drop them into oblivion.
Some base colors and highlights
Broken up piece of cork for the base.
Left some metal on his feet to jam into cork, should keep him more stable than just glue if somebody knocks him while playing. Base is primed.
Base paint, wash and drybrush.
Some of that vallejo pumice aaaaand....finished.
Speed Painted Minis from the Blood Rage Board game. Most are painted to the players colors, so players can easily identify who is who on the board. The others are summoned to players control and not permanent.
These were finished up over the last couple of months, finally getting to their photos.
Kjell was one of the first minis I purchased and painted. He was originally used in the diorama below. I plucked him off, stripped and gave a fresh new repaint.
The gnome was repainted and can be found in one of the earlier galleries. He was hulking out here with some olive skin that I had no understanding of at the time.
Speed Painted a Whizkid Teifling as a gift for a friend.
And did some quick touch ups on my Stone Keeper from Privateer Press' Hordes game.
Been a bit late with posting and painting, but I feel like I am back in the game again.
Most of the base colors finished.
Most of the highlighting completed.
So proud of Older Camera. Took a pretty good shot without a tripod or anything.
I plan on painting more pink with the cloth underneath the sea green to break it up a little bit.
Wasn't sure about the sleeves and possibly making them a different color, but I like them the way they are, more uniform. Painting them would probably give her a rainbow of colors look and come out a bit silly.
Painted, sealed and finished. Putty on base is dry and should be completed tomorrow with some decent pictures.
Finished and the colors are more correct in this picture. For the final pics I always use my Cannon Rebel T5 in manual mode. I don't have much of a photography background, just a couple of classes in high school years ago, but I seem to do a decent job with it.