Another Slave Lord from the Scourge of Suderham.
This one is for gameplay and D&D Tengu do not have wings. So, I will begin to greenstuff putty the back area to make it look as consistent as I can with the rest of the clothing.
He has a separate scroll that is being held by both hands and cannot attach yet because it would make painting the front of him near impossible.
Filled with putty and filed down a little bit. Once the primer is on, it shouldn't be all that noticeable.
Made a base with the leftover putty
Base is painted, I like it, but already thinking about a minor change, turning the green grass into dirt...hmmm. Plans are still forming in my head.
Went with black paint on primer. Normally I would have gone with gray, but unable to hold with my wrench, he is unbalanced and kept falling over. So instead of gluing him down and then spraying him, this was easier to me, plus no skin to worry about painting over black which can be a pain sometimes.
It should look something like this. In the end he will probably have some static grass and foliage type stuff added.
Base coated green and a lighter green for the shawl. I always think of Tengu as woodsy creatures when I look at them, so he gets a druid-like paint up.
I also gave him a wash in a darker swampy green, mostly to give me a better idea of where some of the folds shadows are. Probably unnecessary, but it did help me with all those folds.
This time I went over the darker areas with the swampy green to bring out the shadows more than the wash did. Then I highlighted with green and a yellow green. I am wanting more yellow in my highlights so he isn't even close to being finished in that department. I didn't really do anything with the shawl, not sure if I will repaint brown. Seems like a lot of green to me at the moment.
What the back looks like so far. Also, it was faster just to paint everything green and worry about the strap things he has on later. I am going to have to cheat and look at the advert paint up for the model because figuring out what is a strap and what is robe and shawl is near impossible for me on this model.
Yep, too much green. The new shawl color adds a nice contrast. The straps of cloth were not very visible and I did the best I could.
I also felt the base colors needed to be changed. The new colors add a gloomy and more striking scene. It has the feel of something darker, possibly underground or nighttime feel.
The skin color is quite putrid and the beak draws attention. Scrolls are finished as are the feathers and legs. The next step is attaching the hands/scroll.
Hands/scroll attached and I added some dirt looking substance to the base to break things up a little.
I was able to get in some decent pics before running into camera dust issues and have to buy a cleaning kit.