Assembled and primed. Two arms and a tail needed gluing.
Some base colors
Some shade added. Now it has a rich foxy color to its fur.
Pants painted, did a little bit of work on the fur which is hard to see. Working on other small details, mouth, nose and such. Wish I had gotten more done, but what I did finish, took me a while and I've been working through a terrible sinus cold.
A rough idea, that I am going to leave my friend to decide on.
I also believe the cape is 2 parts, but it is rare that I am baffled by a sculpt. I can't see where it is separated. I have been looking at other paints jobs online to try and get more of an idea on him and I can see their guessing games with colors running into each other from both pieces of cloth without a real definite stopping point to be seen.
I watched some TV with the family, went back and took another look at it myself and decided that the leaf pattern just wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to. Need more practice.
So I painted the base colors back over it and I am happy with what I have going on here. Just lost about a nights worth of work, but I rather that happen than be unhappy with the finished model.
I figured out the cape separation thing too.
Just have a sword, some small details and the base left to go.
Had some issues today. Turns out the superglue had a chemical reaction to the vallejo dirt and ate away at it. I had an extremely tough time getting this guy to stay on the base with the one foot. Took me all day go back and forth, waiting for glue to dry, putty to harden, in the end, kept it nice and simple...and he came out really sweet looking. Reminds me of the Fox from Disney's Robin hood. I loved that movie as a kid.
A bit different from the previous dark elves I painted. I used the more modern skin colors, leaving out the purple highlight.
I picked up this jar of texture, a bit more grainy than I thought it looked, but sill fills in the empty space on the base nicely and without much effort other than making sure not to touch the painted model with it.
Finished about a week ago, but finally go around to taking some pictures.
Using a mix of D&D dungeon tiles and handmade items. I picked up 2 bookshelves on Etsy, the artist did a wonderful job of which I tried to mimic with my own larger version. The scrolls and books he made are fantastic and I have nowhere near the time to figure out how he did it.
DogMightGames made the dice chest and rolling tray. Dice chest is perfect, but it took them 2 weeks over their max time to make/ship me a dice tray with a significant wobble to it. Still irks me when I hear the clunking back and forth on the tabletop.
Completed these last year, but finally got around to taking some pics. Maybe I should make a new years resolution to get stuff on the website faster. I have been working on so much, bad at taking the time out to snap some pics. First some speed paints.
Now, not so speedy paints