Lots of parts, but by request I won't be using some of them. Tengu don't have wings.
Also I will be surgically removing the birds. Sorry Tarobo, but they gotta go!
I was hoping I would be able to use them on a future model, but I don't think that will be happening. I have to do some filing down and possibly some green stuff, but they came off nicely.
Primed in gray
Some greenstuff to cover up the slots for his wings. Doesn't really make much of a difference which you do first, greenstuff or prime. I usually like to prime second as to not scratch the primer as I am working the putty. I forgot, but no harm done, greenstuff doesn't require primer to paint over.
Going with a Cardinal look for this Tengu. I don't have much of his face to really show off, but should still be cool. Deep red with a darker red wash.
I switched from Reaper to Citadel paints for highlights since their reds are more vibrant to me. Black cloak for now. There might be a little less after I take a closer inspection to see what cloth is connected to where.
Still laying down the base colors. A little green highlighting on the pants.
Base colors are finished including the rooster like feet.
Finished with highlights. Other than sealing it, this part is done.
Long exhale.....now for the appendages and a quiver.
Glued and used some greenstuff to fill the gaps and help hold the arms in place.
Looks a little Bionic.
Used a different kind of putty. I've used this before and works great (Greenstuff is bit pricey and I am almost out of it.) This should be a nice base once completed.
Almost there, but not really. Still took me a few hours after this to finish.
After a bit more highlighting, the attachment of the quiver (that you can barely see here) , experimenting with the base and a bunch of other stuff...Finished!