Not just a decent Skinny Puppy album, but how I get mini painting done thus far.
I am untrained, about 4 years into this hobby, but you may find some of this helpful or interesting.
So here is a Bushido mini, not exactly an easy one to start out on. 5 separate parts and those Swords have very little surface area to attach. I checked for mold lines and there are some, but light and well hidden. Not worth getting metal dust everywhere.
Let's give the mini a bath. Some dish soap should remove dirt and oils that may interfere with the primer. Old tooth brush and a light scrubbing.
Set the mini out on a paper tower to dry. I usually check for any flash at this point. Usually the toothbrush loosens up any I might have missed. A little bit on the swords, not much else.
Some green stuff should help with attaching those arms. Holds them in place while the glue drys and adds a little more to the bond. I didn't feel I could paint around the other parts and will have to paint those separately.
The mini has been primed gray. I usually prime black if there is more metal, gray if there is more cloth and skin. A base coat of fair skin tone has been added. Yes that is a an adjustable wrench I have been using since day one. It has an inch thick layer of paint on it....sooooo cool.
Some shadowing and highlights have been added to the skin and a base coat of pine green to the clothing. I try my best to paint inside out or the way you would put on clothes...Skin first, then shirt, belt, coat and so on.
I mixed 4 shades of green starting with the base to highlights and do most of my blending directly on the mini. I have a wet palette for blending work in the future, but for now this works very well for me.
And the highlighting is finished. Any touch-ups needed will be done later.
Base colors have covered all the primer and some highlighting on the sword handles.
Some details on the armor are competed along with more highlighting
Working on a base for her. Wooden floor boards with a bit of wear.
Swords have some shine to them now along with highlights on the hair. I like what I call Charcoal Black, sort of a dark blue for black highlights. I used to mix, but Reaper's Deep Blue is close enough to use.
I added the armor on her rear end, but then could not fit the sheaths. It appears from the other pics online that it is most optional which one you want to use on her. The rear armor looks weird when it is missing and glad I went with keeping that on her. The sheaths give a much needed "something special" to the base. As if she tossed them to the floor to quickly ready herself for battle.
Painstakingly done eyes....always tough. Some brush on sealer and pretty much finished. Next is to clip and attach to the base once dry. Not the best pic, but the next one will be the grand finale.