Hell Dorado model, 7 parts total and one of the toughest I've had to put together. Models where a part has to perfectly align on both ends and one of those is something that also needed to be glued on...a challenge.
Glue wasn't drying. Attempted to use the loctite precision gel that worked great on the resin stuff, no go with a small metal surface area. Holding while drying was not happening. Went back to my guerrilla glue and putty combo, a bit messy application, even with an attempt to smooth with a file afterwards.
Once I got past my perfectionist attitude, I noticed that he was totally worth it in the end because he is one fantastic looking model. Can't wait to see what he looks like when finished.
The dragon tail, scroll/hand, dragon head/1st half of torso, shoulder fans and left arm. All separate pieces, not on a sprue that I could paint separately. Luckily no super tight spaces to cram a brush into.
Kind of looks like greenstuff, but I am going with a Jade green. Haven't made up my mind on the dragon yet.
Apparently this is the last photo I took before finishing. You can see some of the sculpted putty I used on the smoke to help keep the 2 parts together. I also went ahead and pinned the dragon head/neck. I attempted to pin the hand holding the scroll, but just not enough surface area for me. Next time I pin something I will be taking some pictures.
This is quite a jump to the finish, but he is done. Even I am "like wow." Very cool model.