Completed these last year, but finally got around to taking some pics. Maybe I should make a new years resolution to get stuff on the website faster. I have been working on so much, bad at taking the time out to snap some pics. First some speed paints.
Now, not so speedy paints
Reaper Demi Lich aka Flameskull
Reaper Dwarven Throne (painted as a statue) and Handmade Ochre Jellies
3d Printed Forge with Reaper halfling PC.
This speed painted demi lich is going to work perfect as a Flame Skull. I have actually finished this one, but haven't taken a picture of the finished product. Soon to come!
Another speed painted reaper bones model soon to be Nezzar the Black Spider for my Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign. This one is also finished without a final pic yet, but soon to come!
I used her last session and plan on using her again this session. This is not going to be speed painted, I really like this model and willing to take my time on it, ready for gaming or not.
I chose the Monkey. He looked very interesting, never seen a model like it. Painting for a friend. I should be further into it, but getting home in the dark since the time change limits me on spray priming. Had to assemble and do a little bit of gap filling with putty work too. But should start painting this weekend.
My first thought was to pin the hands and take pics of the process. It was a good thought, but the hand holding the staff was just too small for the jewel drill. It glued surprisingly well without the extra help. Slight waste of time and made a mess of metal filings on the table.
Watchugot behind your back Dr. Zaius? ahhhhhh ....Noooooo!
Some of the putty work
Paint is still wet
Took me a while to get a picture take, but finished! Also trying something new with the background. Something different, but I think I may go back to white.
The Ruins of Thundertree and Castle Cragmaw! Last Couple of D&D plays, more pics in the gaming section.
Effincool's miniature, painted for a friend. He is sort of dwarf-ish in stature, but not quite small enough to me.
That was a lot of fur to highlight.
Going to try and do some more updates soon. I am holding off on taking some pictures until I can get a pic of the entire group of related minis. I have been sick for about a week now, still trying to paint, but it has slowed me down. This guy took a bit of cleaning up and the weather wasn't permitting me to spray prime him outside, so I eventually brush on primed him.
I have painted him a bit more past this point, some skin highlighting and shading. Also started on that cape-like garment.
some magic symbols on his garment along with highlights
more base colors, gave the lantern some object source lighting, looks better than this pic shows.
He was so much fun to paint I couldn't stop.
I like the demon symbols and was really happy with the way the turned out.
This guy I painted a couple of years back and finally got around to touching him up a bit. Mostly minor things like his eyes and nails, but the little things add up and make a difference. He is still one of my favorite sculpts and the royal colors work nicely.
Another Rackman Skelly. These guys look really cool and eventually I will get to the other two. Mostly doing it for practice with non metallic metal.
I really like this shot. Who knows, maybe they will be companions in a later story.
The necromancer is from Mantic's, Kings of War line. I picked him up a couple of years back and finally got around to painting him. He comes with an alternative skull head and arm, killed me not to paint him that way, but I needed a human Necro and this is one of the best models I have seen.
Lot of fun. Of course I love being the DM and creating things. This was our second part of the Lost Mines of Phandelver module. Got mostly everything painted that I wanted, but could not find a Nothic model or create one fast enough, so it was imagination overtime for his appearance. Glassstaff got away to cause havoc another day.
This was after play mess, but I set some of the figures back out on the board for some fun shots.
Got some computer time and posted some pics of what I have been working on this week. Almost finished! I have to water down some glue and do some layers over those rocks otherwise they will not stay with just the fist layer of thick glue.