Young Green dragon that I didn't quite speed paint, but did go slightly faster than usual to get him on the table. Still took me about a month to finish. The pose is interesting, sort of coming out of this crazy dive bomb to swoop and land on his prey without them having a second to think.
Paint Action shot!
Taking me a while for this one. Got hung up on my own DnD game and also had trouble thinking up a color scheme for her in my head. Very happy with what I have here so far.
She was a tough cookie. Strangely I had an easier time with the halfing and all his doodads, but you can't beat that maddening facial expression of hers. I believe I have more shots that lead up to this, but on another camera. Need some sleep and will try to post more tomorrow.
Another sword for me to practice on. Love this model, probably my favorite when it comes to halflings.
These were speed painted so my wife and I could jump into the game. I plan on painting all the minis eventually. The rat swarm is from wizkids, but they were perfect for the mind-thief's "Summon Rat Swarm" early ability. Below them is the spellcaster my wife is playing.
Thought this would be a fun change and allow me to practice nmm on a nice sword.
Tired of cleaning the palette? Half step colors getting you down?
All the colors I need are there just gotta dip the brush in the right spot.
I have 3 more of these Rackman skeletons to paint, they should look pretty cool together. Didn't want them to look old and rusted out, more like freshly made bones attacking.
Finished this one a while ago, just got around to taking a picture. Felt bad for this mini, was with a friend, unwanted, never to be painted. I had to throw some paint on her, just a really cool model.
Quickly threw some paint on her, been sitting on my "to do" shelf for a long, long time. 1st one I purchase was knocked off the table by my daughter years back. After the assembly, I never thought I would ever pick up another let alone assemble and paint it.
This is another attempt to get a good shot of this guy. He is a neat looking model, but I can never get the right angle picture. The white background on my Everblight flesh just doesn't seem to work. I may end up retaking all of their pictures one day with a darker background, but for now this is the best I can do.
I think this is a Mierce miniature, but hopefully a friend of mine can clarify for me to make sure. Needs some flash trimming and a little prayer to get the top of his pole glued together.
That was all that was in the bag and on the sprue. Not sure why he has that little hole on the back of his right leg area. I filled it with greenstuff, thinking it could be an error with the plastic.
Yay for the superglue and baking soda combo. I still might greenstuff a little ring around it.
Primed! in gray so you can see the difference between the....gray plastic. More excitement on the way :)
skin based with a bronze tone
shaded with flesh shade
Some metallics, and the cloth is painted with arctic white. Mierce has a lot of minis to sort through. This guy is called Unmasked Velchior, Magus Infernum on Foot (thats a mouthful.) Was a little worried I may have been wrong to keep the axe handle curved, but found their pic on the website and the assembled model has the same curve to the handle.
He has a lot of doo dads on him, going to be tough to figure out what some of the stuff is. I love his face though, pity there may be a masked version of him out there somewhere.
Arctic white not doing it for me, the reds are so much more devilish.
got my browns in and some lining.
Pointy Winged Gold Skull Staff...check.
Not for lack of painting, but he is taking a while. I've been avoiding the do dads on his chest area. Hair highlights, axe and I believe that is it. Then it is on to basing.
He is totally out of his element, but still way cooler than I thought he was going to be. Other than a little trouble with the bent sheath, everything fit together nicely. I'll still have to do some puttying, but no giant gaps (no pun intended) or things that would not line up. I was very impressed because there are always a lot of complaints about this D&D collectors series line of minis and I can think of a couple that gave me a really hard time a while back too (looking at you Spider Queen Lloth), but this one was fairly easy.
Bent Sheath was fixed by heating up a cup of water in the microwave, dipping it into the water for a second, straightening out and finally dipping into a cup ice cold water. This method seems to work nicely, you just have to be careful with how long you dip the plastic into the hot water because you can melt away the details. I learned that the hard way with some melted Legend of Drizzt board game minis when I first started painting.
Bout as straight as I'm going to get it. I'll be slowly working on this big guy while I take care of some smaller stuff.
All the skin has been based, used up a lot of my white and some blue.
All these bases are belong to us.
and some highlighting
and a jump to the finish!